Eugene, OR. -- The Oregon and Oregon State women’s basketball teams completed this weekend’s conference slate with a sweep of the mountain schools. With today’s wins, the Ducks and Beavers now sit atop the Pac-12 standings.
In Matthew Knight Arena, it was a bloodbath. The No. 4 Oregon Ducks (21-1, 10-0) defeated the Colorado Buffaloes, 102-43. It was the not only Oregon’s 14th straight victory, it was also the largest Pac-12 win in program history. Ruthy Hebard was lights out in the paint today. Hebard recorded 24 points and 12 total rebounds. While, Maite Cazorla and Satou Sabally combined for 31 points of their own.
“These games aren’t easy,” said Oregon head coach Kelly Graves. “I think they see the standings and the records and sometimes it’s hard to get them focused. But we have a veteran group in terms of experience. They didn’t take them lightly by any stretch.”
Up in Corvallis, No. 9 Oregon State (19-3, 9-1) had some hiccups early, but regained its composure at the offensive end to rally for a 71-63 win over No. 14 Utah.
Destiny Slocum scored 20 total points, 18 during the first half, to lead the Beavers. And Mikayla Pivec and Aleah Goodman had 12 points of their own.
“I loved defensive adjustments we made,” said OSU head coach Scott Rueck. “The way the team executed in the first half was great. And then Destiny put us on her back in that second quarter.”
Oregon visits the Cardinal next weekend and meets OSU in back-to-back games in two weeks. The Beavers take on Stanford Friday night at 6:00.
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks set record, Beavers rally late (2/3/19)
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks get outplayed and Beavers rally late (2/22/19)
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Softball Roundup: Ducks, Beavers fall at home
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks hammer Utes, Beavs roll Buffaloes
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win at home
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win on the road
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs upset by Washington
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs suffer road losses
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks go back-to-back, Beavers hold on to win in the desert (3/3/19)