Eugene & Corvallis, OR. -- The Oregon women’s basketball team has a reason to celebrate tonight. The No. 6-ranked Ducks clinched their second straight outright Pac-12 championship with a relentless 66-59 victory over No. 21 Arizona State on Sunday.
The Sun Devils led by five early in the fourth quarter but the Ducks put together an 11-0 run to pull away and take home back-to-back Pac-12 championships. This marks the program’s fourth conference title. Oregon head coach Kelly Graves has won 12 regular-season conference championships in his career, 10 with Gonzaga and two with the Ducks.
Now Oregon will be the No.1 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament next weekend in Las Vegas. The Ducks will have a first-round bye and play Friday afternoon against the winner of the No. 8 and No. 9 seed matchup.
As for the OSU women’s team, the Beavers are leaving the state of Arizona with a double-overtime win against the Wildcats.
Junior guard Mikayla Pivec tallied a double-double with 21 points, 14 rebounds and five assists. She also hit a clutch layup late in regulation to force overtime.
Oregon State will be a No. 3 seed and will open play in the Pac-12 Tournament Friday night in Las Vegas and take on the winner of Thursday’s contest between Utah and Washington.
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks go back-to-back, Beavers hold on to win in the desert (3/3/19)
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks sweep the Lions, Beavers drop series finale against WVU (3/3/19)
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win at home
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win on the road
- Softball Roundup: Ducks, Beavers fall at home
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks set record, Beavers rally late (2/3/19)
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks get outplayed and Beavers rally late (2/22/19)
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs upset by Washington
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks hammer Utes, Beavs roll Buffaloes