Los Angeles, CA. --
No. 3 Ducks handle No. 7 Bruins at Pauley Pavilion.
With the spotlight and attention that Sabrina Ionescu commands, sometimes Oregon’s other top players can be overshadowed. But on a night when Ionescu added another milestone to her amazing collegiate career, Ruthy Hebard had one of her best games of the season.
The senior forward had 30 points and 17 rebounds as the third-ranked Ducks defeated No. 7 UCLA 80-66 on Friday night in a matchup of the top two teams in the Pac-12 Conference.
Oregon: This is the Ducks’ fifth victory over a Top 10 team this season with the average margin of victory being 17 points. Three of the wins have come on the road.
“Right now we’re the most efficient team in the country. In all those tough games the challenge for us is to be at our best,” Graves said.
UCLA: The Bruins had a 14-game home winning streak snapped. They have won 72 of their last 81 at Pauley Pavilion with three of the losses coming to Oregon.
Oregon: Finishes its weekend in Los Angeles against USC on Sunday.
UCLA: Hosts No. 11 Oregon State on Monday.
USC upsets No. 11 Oregon State at Galen Center
Alissa Pili scored 26 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for her ninth double-double of the season, and Southern California beat No. 11 Oregon State 72-66 on Friday night.
Kayla Overbeck halted a 9-0 Oregon State run with a basket in the lane for a 65-61 lead and on USC’s next possession, Pili made 1 of 2 free throws for a five-point lead.
Oregon State had three chances at a basket until Pili secured the rebound and was fouled with 51.5 seconds left. She made both free throws to seal it.
Aliyah Jeune added 12 points for USC (13-11, 5-8 Pac-12), which also beat top-10 ranked UCLA earlier this year.
Mikayla Pivec scored 16 points, and Taylor Jones added 12 for Oregon State (19-6, 7-6). Destiny Slocum, averaging 14.6 points per game, also scored 12.
Pivec scored 12 points in the first half and Jones added 10 as Oregon State led 35-32. Pili led the Trojans with 11 points.
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks drill Bruins, Beavers upset by Trojans
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs upset by Washington
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks and Beavers struggle in their conference openers
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavers open desert trip with losses
- Softball Roundup: Ducks, Beavers fall at home
- Beaver Hoops Roundup: OSU sweeps Saturday games
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks set record, Beavers rally late (2/3/19)
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks get outplayed and Beavers rally late (2/22/19)