Eugene, Ore. -- The Oregon volleyball team is headed to the NCAA Tournament for the eighth straight year. But this season the Ducks get home field advantage in the first round for the first time in four years. As a 15 seed, the Ducks are facing a talented Aggies team with great outside hitters. Oregon outside hitter Lindsey Vander Weide spoke to the media Tuesday about getting another opportunity to play at home. She acknowledged senior night left a bad taste in the players’ mouths because of the loss to Colorado. But now the Ducks have a chance to win a tournament game on their court. The problem is Oregon will have to win at home, which something the Ducks haven’t been consistent at this year with a 9-5 overall record in Matthew Knight Arena. Oregon plays New Mexico State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament Thursday night at 7:00.
Oregon outside hitter Lindsey Vander Weide reflects on her time as a Duck and what the team needs to do to advance in the NCAA Tournament.
Posted: Nov 27, 2018 10:56 PM
- Web Extra: Lindsey Vander Weide on the opportunity to play at home one last time (11/27/18)
- Web Extra: Ronika Stone and Lindsey Vander Weide on the team's strong start (9/26/18)
- Web Extra: Lindsey Vander Weide and Ronika Stone on win vs. Baylor (11/30/18)
- Vander Weide personality, play a key to Oregon success
- Web Extra: Ronika Stone on the challenges of playing in front of a home crowd (11/27/18)
- Web Extra: Matt Ulmer on the upcoming NCAA Tournament match against New Mexico State (11/27/18)
- Web Extra: Jonathan Smith on missed opportunities
- Web Extra: Jonathan Smith on playing Colorado
- Web Extra: Wayne Tinkle on Arizona trip, defensive play (1/9/18)
- Web Extra: Miranda Elish on Playing Oklahoma, Stanford Series (4/17/18)
Scroll for more content...