CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) - Tres Tinkle had 20 points, five rebounds, five assists and three steals as Oregon State cruised past Washington State 94-62 on Thursday night.
Drew Eubanks added 18 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks and Alfred Hollins had a career-high 19 points and four steals for the Beavers (12-11, 4-7).
Robert Franks had 17 points and six rebounds and Carter Skaggs had 11 points off the bench for the Cougars (9-14, 1-10), who have lost six in a row.
With the game tied at 24-all, Oregon State went on a 20-0 run spanning the last four minutes of the first half and the first two minutes of the second half.
Oregon State shot 57 percent for the game, compared to 38 percent for the Cougars.
Oregon State led early, and Franks had Washington State's first eight points. The rest of his team started the game shooting 0 for 8 and didn't score until a Viont'e Daniels 3-pointer at the 9:41 mark trimmed the Beavers' lead to 14-11.
The Beavers surged ahead and led 37-24 at the half, with Stephen Thompson Jr. scoring on a reverse lay-in with two seconds left.
Oregon State led by as many as 33 in the second half.
Stephen Thompson Jr. finished with 16 points and six rebounds for Oregon State, while younger brother Ethan Thompson added 10 points, five rebounds and six assists.
Washington State: Coming into Thursday, Washington State was winless on the road in the Pac-12 and had lost those games by an average of nearly 15 points.
Oregon State: Seth Berger, who had started 17 straight games, missed Thursday's game due to concussion protocol. He was injured in a practice this week. Hollins, a freshman, replaced Berger in the starting lineup. . With a dunk with 4:42 left in the game, Eubanks became the 41st Beaver player to get to the 1,000 point mark. He now has 1,001 career points.
Washington State plays at Oregon on Sunday.
Oregon State hosts Washington on Saturday.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trinkle leads Oregon St to 94-62 win over Washington St
- Web Extra: Oregon St. defense on loss to Washington (11/17/18)
- Oregon St. takes early lead against Arizona, doesn't look back
- No. 2 Oregon St. rallies to beat Ohio St.
- Web Extra: Oregon St. after home win against Arizona (1/14/18)
- Oregon St. holds on to beat Gonzaga
- Oregon takes down Oregon St. behind Brown's 20 points
- Oregon blows out Washington in bounce back win
- Web Extra: Oregon St. recaps win over Santa Clara part 1 (12/9/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon St. recaps win over Santa Clara part 2 (12/9/18)