Photo Gallery 10 Images
Eugene, OR -- The Sun Devils brought some heat to the plate tonight in game two against the Ducks. This loss solidified an 18-17 record for starting pitcher, Jordan Dail and a team conference record of 5-18.
Dail came out with a slow start, giving up five runs in the first inning, which was enough to silence the Oregon offense.
The silver lining for Oregon came from Shaye Bowden's homer in the fifth inning, finally putting the Ducks on the board. Oregon will play their final game of the season tomorrow at Jane Sanders Stadium at 12 p.m.
Up in Corvallis, Oregon State came out flat against Utah in game two. Despite giving up one more hit than they allowed, The Beavers gave up six runs to their two.
"We got to start hitting better. You know we're not hitting as well as we're capable of hitting. We're being really passive at the plate, letting strikes go bad, swinging at bad pitches," said head coach Laura Berg.
Utah's pitcher Sydney Sanchez pitcher the full game striking out two batters and giving up seven hits.
Outfielder Jessica Garcia said "We put her on a pedestal in a way, rather than knowing that we can defeat her. Cause, I mean there's no pitcher that can beat us. And we just need to believe we can rather than just beating ourselves up or putting pressure on ourselves in the batter's box."
Garcia's superb play continues this senior weekend, recording a SportsCenter Top Ten home run stealing catch in the 3rd inning.
The Beavers will finish their series against Utah and honor their seniors Saturday morning, beginning at 9:30 a.m. at the Oregon State Softball Complex.
- Softball Roundup: Ducks, Beavers fall at home
- Softball Roundup: OSU victorious, Ducks fall on senior day
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Beavers End Streak Against Ducks
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks both fall
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks defend home court, Beavers lose in double-overtime (1/20/19)
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop home games
- Beavers fall to Cardinal, 83-60 at home
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks set record, Beavers rally late (2/3/19)
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks get outplayed and Beavers rally late (2/22/19)