Photo Gallery 15 Images
Eugene, Ore. -- Oregon softball found themselves in a pitchers battle against Cal in their first game of their home series, but ultimately walked away with a 1-0 win. Jordan Dail pitched another complete game shutout, amassing 11 strikeouts and notching her 15th win of the year.
Freshman Jasmine Sievers drove in Allee Bunker with an RBI double in the fifth inning, which proved to be the winning run, and the Ducks 18th of the year. The Golden Bears threatened late in the sixth and seventh innings, but Dail again managed to keep runenrs on base, striking 10 in scoring position over the course of the game. The sophomore pitcher is now only 13 strikeouts away from entering the Ducks top 10 single season list. Oregon has now won 16 of their last 17 against Cal.
The series continues on Friday, with a 7 p.m. first pitch at Jane Sanders Stadium. Photos provided courtesy of Oregon News Lab.
- Oregon softball opens series vs. Cal with 1-0 win
- Oregon softball falls, but still wins series vs. Cal
- Oregon Softball wins game one at College World Series
- Oregon survives Cal, 17-7
- Oregon softball "duck hunting" ahead of Civil War series
- Oregon softball drops first series game vs. Arizona State
- Oregon keeps Cal at bay for fifth Pac-12 conference win
- Oregon State defeats Cal Poly for first win of season
- Oregon State wins Civil War series in game two
- Oregon State baseball wins the College World Series