Corvallis, OR. -- Oregon State women’s basketball head coach Scott Rueck said his team is learning by winning. So, the Beavers have been taught 14 lessons, as they remain undefeated after pulling away with another double-digit win over Colorado, 72-60.
The Buffaloes, hurting from Friday’s 58-point thumping loss at Oregon, made sure Oregon State (14-0, 2-0 Pac-12) earned its first conference series sweep of the season. Colorado recorded 18 offensive rebounds and held OSU to 39 percent (26 of 66) shooting, which marks only the second time the Beavers have shot less than 40 percent this season.
The Beavers had no opportunity to cruise into the fourth quarter with a substantial lead, and while that may worry a majority of Beaver Nation, Rueck had a much different outlook.
“Today was perfect for what we needed,” said Rueck. "This program's M.O. is to be tough and grind out wins. That's what we've done since forever and we are built for that. We are built to get the stop we need and we are built to create the shot we need. We've got a lot of progress to make still and a lot of growth. And like I've said before this team is continuing to learn through wins.”
Oregon State will hit the road to take on another one-loss opponent in Arizona. Tipoff against the Wildcats is set for 7 p.m. Friday in Tucson.
- OSU outlasts Colorado to earn first conference sweep of the season
- OSU drops game to Colorado
- Beavers search for their first conference sweep of the season.
- OSU use 16 innings to outlast Cougars in game two
- OSU shutout Washington State in series sweep
- Beaver Hoops Roundup: OSU sweeps Saturday games
- OSU vs. UA Smith Press Conference
- OSU vs. UA Rashed Press Conference
- OSU vs. UA Blount/ Hernandez Press Conference
- OSU holds off Pacific to earn its second win of the season.