Corvallis, OR. — It’s a new week and a new opportunity for the Oregon State football team. The Beavers are looking to bounce back after last week’s disappointing 19-7 loss to Washington. This Saturday OSU will have to outplay the Arizona State Sun Devils in order to get one step closer to becoming bowl eligible for the first time since 2013.
This week’s game will be the final OSU home game of the regular season. This program will honor 16 seniors including, Gus Lavaka, Jake Luton, Artavis Pierce, Blake Bandel and Shawn Wilson to name a few. It will be the last time these Beavers run out of the tunnel and play in front of a loyal crowd at Reser Stadium.
During Monday’s press conference, Oregon State head coach Jonathan Smith reflected on how this year’s senior class has changed the program in more ways than they could know.
"These guys have given a ton to this program. I think this team is heading in the right direction and in an upward trend,” said Smith. “They've contributed huge to that, going through multiple coaches, continuing to battle and overcoming adversity. So I've got a ton of respect for these guys. I think they've helped to guide us to where we are at right now and I think they're a huge part of it."
On paper, this game is as winnable for Oregon State as any FBS opponent on the 2019 schedule. Arizona State was hot earlier in the season, but has since cooled, and drags a three-game losing streak into Reser Stadium. However, most of OSU’s success this season has been on the road. The Beavers have won three straight conference road games. This is the Beavers’ best chance for a signature win at home.
Kickoff against the Sun Devils is this Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at Reser Stadium.
- OSU honors 16 seniors for Saturday’s game against ASU
- OSU use 16 innings to outlast Cougars in game two
- Web Extra: Troy Dye on senior night, linebacker corps before ASU game (11/14/18)
- Jefferson boosts OSU running game
- Oregon preps for undefeated ASU
- Web Extra: Pat Casey after OSU wins series against ASU (4/29/18)
- Oregon State loses a heartbreaker to ASU on senior day(3/3/19)
- OSU to hold draft for spring game
- Softball Roundup: OSU victorious, Ducks fall on senior day
- Oregon upsets no. 11 ASU in Tmpe