CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) - Brittany McPhee had 18 points and 12 rebounds and scored No. 24 Stanford's last four points as the Cardinal held on for a 60-57 win over No. 16 Oregon State on Friday night.
Stanford (15-8, 9-2 Pac-12) led 51-42 on DiJonai Carrington's layup with 7:58 left in the fourth quarter. Mikayla Pivec made a pair of free throws at 1:17 and Taya Corosdale split a pair at 53 seconds to cut Oregon State's deficit to 59-57.
McPhee made 1 of 2 free throws with 7.7 seconds left and Carrington stole it from Kat Tudor for the final play of the game.
Kiana Williams added 14 points and Alanna Smith scored 11 for the Cardinal, who made just 2 of 19 from 3-point range, but had 17 offensive rebounds and a 44-35 edge on the glass overall.
Katie McWilliams made 4 of 9 from 3-point range and led the Beavers (16-6, 7-4) with 16 points. Pivec added 15 points and Taylor Kalmer scored 12.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No. 24 Stanford women hold off No. 16 Oregon State 60-57
- Travis scores 24 to lead Stanford past the Beavers, 80-71
- Photo Gallery: Oregon vs. Stanford Football
- Stanford routs Oregon 96-61 shooting 62.5% from the field
- Oregon Falls Flat in Second Half in Loss to Stanford
- Web Extra: Oregon State Women's basketball on season opener (11/9/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon State women's basketball on beating Washington (1/6/19)
- Web Extra: Jordon Scott, Dillon Mitchell, and Drayton Carlberg after Oregon loses to Stanford (9/22/18)
- Web Extra: Justin Herbert and Shane Lemieux after Oregon loses to Stanford (9/22/18)
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal after Oregon loses to Stanford part 2 (9/22/18)