Photo Gallery 19 Images
Eugene, OR. -- The Ducks and Beavers. Two great women’s basketball programs, led by two great head coaches. Yet, there were two different outcomes on this Sunday afternoon of college hoops.
With Oregon’s 93-60 victory over Arizona, the Ducks (17-1, 6-0 Pac-12) have matched their best start to conference play since joining the Pac-10. And the win marks Oregon’s 10th straight. Part of the Ducks’ success stemmed from the offensive attack of Sabrina Ionescu and Satou Sabally. Ionescu recorded her 16th career triple-double. While Sabally scored a resounding 18 of her total 25 points in the first quarter on 7-of-8 shooting with four threes.
Oregon State women’s team (15-3, 5-1 Pac-12) made a number of clutch plays, but was unable to pull out a double-overtime victory in Corvallis, as the Beavers fell 79-76 to No. 19 Arizona State. Mikayla Pivec was a breakout performer against the Sun Devils. She finished with 19 points, including seven in the overtime periods and a bucket to tie the game in the closing seconds of regulation. Pivec also tallied nine rebounds, seven assists and a steal.
Both teams will travel north next week, as Oregon takes on Washington State and Oregon State visits UW.
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks defend home court, Beavers lose in double-overtime (1/20/19)
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Softball Roundup: Ducks, Beavers fall at home
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks drill Bruins, Beavers upset by Trojans
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavers open desert trip with losses
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks and Beavers struggle in their conference openers
- Beaver Hoops Roundup: OSU sweeps Saturday games
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs suffer road losses