Eugene, Ore. -- Oregon and Oregon State men's basketball both fell in the opening games of their road trip down to Arizona.
Ducks stunned by Arizona State --
Alonzo Verge Jr. scored 26 points, Rob Edwards added 24 and Arizona State beat No. 14 Oregon 77-72 on Thursday night for its sixth straight victory. The Sun Devils continued their unexpected charge up the Pac-12 standings following a mediocre January. Every team in the Pac-12 has lost at least four league games. Oregon bumbled its way through a big chunk of the game, clanking errant 3-pointers and giving up turnovers. Payton Pritchard had 18 points for Oregon but fouled out with about two minutes left. Will Richardson also had 18 points.
Arizona steamrolls Oregon State --
Josh Green' scored 18 points and Nico Mannion scored 12 of his 16 in the second half to help No. 24 Arizona defeat Oregon State 89-63. Max Hazzard scored 13 of his 15 points in the second half and Zeke Nnaji added 13 points and seven rebounds for Arizona. The Wildcats won for the sixth time in seven games. The Wildcats made 10 more free throws than the Beavers. Oregon State helped that total by having four technical fouls called on its bench.
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavers open desert trip with losses
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks and Beavers struggle in their conference openers
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs suffer road losses
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks drill Bruins, Beavers upset by Trojans
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks go back-to-back, Beavers hold on to win in the desert (3/3/19)
- Softball Roundup: Ducks, Beavers fall at home
- Beaver Hoops Roundup: OSU sweeps Saturday games
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks set record, Beavers rally late (2/3/19)