EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - Ruthy Hebard scored 27 points and set an NCAA record with 30th consecutive field goals to help No. 9 Oregon hold off Southern California 80-74 in double-overtime Friday night.
Hebard was 12 of 12 from the field for her fifth perfect shooting game of the season, helping the Ducks (24-4, 13-2 Pac-12) tie No. 14 Stanford for the conference lead. Hebard also had 10 rebounds.
There were 12 ties and 21 lead changes, the last on Hebard's inside shot with 1:36 left as Oregon scored the last seven points of the game. That included Lexi Bando's 3-pointer that bounced off the top of the backboard and through the net for a 78-74 lead.
Maite Cazorla had 17 points, and Sabrina Ionescu 15 for the Ducks. Bando added 11.
Kristen Simon had 19 of her 26 points after halftime and finished with 15 rebounds for the Trojans (17-9, 7-8). Aliyah Mazyck added 18 points, and Sadie Edwards had 16.
USC scored 31 points on a season-high 24 turnovers by the Ducks. The Trojans also had 17 fast-break points to Oregon's none.
Oregon squandered a 21-12 lead by going scoreless for 4 1/2 minutes and shooting 2 of 13 in the second quarter as USC came back for a 26-26 tie at the half. Hebard hit her first five shots and had 11 points in the first quarter.
Oregon is one victory shy of matching its conference high of 14 when it won the Pac-10 title during the 1999-00 season. With three Pac-12 games left, the Ducks need to keep pace with Stanford for a share of this year's crown.
USC remains stuck in neutral in conference play, having yet to win or lose more than three games in a row. The Trojans must finish strong to improve their NCAA tournament projection as an 11th seed.
Southern California: At No. 15 Oregon State on Sunday.
Oregon: Hosts No. 7 UCLA on Monday night.
- Hebard sets NCAA record, No. 9 Oregon beats USC in 2nd OT
- Web Extra: Ruthy Hebard on games against USC, UCLA
- Hebard scores 30 as No. 9 Oregon beats Washington 76-63
- No. 14 Arizona beats Oregon State 75-65 in OT
- USC holds off Oregon at Matthew Knight Arena
- USC wins 4th straight with 74-67 victory over Oregon State
- Web Extra: Oregon women after win against USC
- USC women's hoops player: Oregon St fans used racial slurs
- Oregon State begins weekend with OT win on the Palouse
- Oregon Knocks off No. 14 Arizona in OT