Eugene, ORE. -- The Emeralds scored two runs in the bottom of the second. That's all they would need as Eugene tops Hillsboro to open the season, 2-0.
The Hops allowed a run to score on a balk before giving up an RBI double to Edmond Americaan.
The Emeralds pitching staff allowed just five hits all game. Zach Mort went four scoreless innings while striking out five in the start.
Eduarniel Nunez, Carlos Vega and Ivan Medina pitched a scoreless final five innings. Vega picked up with win while Medina earned the save.
Not only did Emeralds fans witness a win, but the first 1,000 patrons received a replica Northwest League championship ring.
Game two of the three-game opening home stand is set for 7:05 p.m. Saturday at PK Park.
- Ems open season with win
- Ems shut out at home
- Oregon dominates in season opener against Northeastern
- No. 3 Oregon opens season with top-25 win against no. 25 Georgia
- Oregon State opens 2018 with 5-2 win
- Beavers Open Supers With 8-1 Win (6/8/18)
- Oregon soccer opens year with exhibition win
- Oregon State Gymnastics wins home opener
- Web Extra: Kyle Nobach on regular-season opener (2/6/18)
- Web Extra: Pat Casey on regular-season opener (2/6/18)