Eugene, OR. -- Oregon women's basketball defeated UCLA in overtime, 88-83, to advance to the Pac-12 Tournament Championship game.
Ruthy Hebard made a key basket with under 30 seconds to play to give the Ducks a 75-74 lead. This came after Hebard missed a similar attempt around the rim. Satou Sabally forced a jump ball after the miss to give the Ducks possession ultimately forcing an overtime.
In the extra quarter, Sabally scored a driving layup followed by a defensive stop for the Ducks led to the victory.
Hebard led the Ducks with 28 points and 12 rebounds. Sabrina Ionescu also recorded a double-double with 18 points and 12 boards.
"I'm glad I was able to come in and do what I could for my teammates and we got the win," said Hebard.
The team is happy to have Hebard playing at a high level.
"Not just offensively but defensively," guard Maite Cazorla said. "Being able to get the rebounds, make it tough on the other team, it's a huge help."
The Ducks shot 46.5 percent from the field and 40 percent from three. The Ducks also won the rebound and assist battle.
"We're starting to realize that if we stick together and we fight possession in possession out that we can really grind out these wins even if we're not on our A-game," Ionescu said.
The Ducks will face the winner of Stanford-Washington at 5 pm on Sunday in Las Vegas.
"It's March. Anything can happen," forward Erin Boley said. "Every team is going to bring their very best. Since we're the one seed we're going to get everybody's best shot. I think it's really important for us to come out every game focused and forget about the last one and move on."
- Ducks outlast UCLA in OT, advance to Pac-12 championship
- Ducks prepare for Pac-12 Track Championships
- Oregon Advances to Pac-12 Tournament Championship
- Ducks win ovetime thriller, advance to Pac-12 title game
- Ducks take Pac-12 crown, advance to NCAA Tournament
- Ducks fly south to take on UCLA
- Ducks Claim Pac-12 Regular Season Title
- Web Extra: Kelly Graves after OT win against UCLA (2/19/18)
- Beavers top UCLA, improve to 3-0 in Pac-12
- Web Extra: Mike White after Ducks beat UCLA (3/17/18)