Photo Gallery 15 Images
Eugene, OR. -- The Oregon men’s basketball team wrapped up this week’s Pac-12 slate with a 78-58 victory over the Washington State Cougars.
To put it simply, the Ducks (12-8, 3-4 Pac-12) have struggled in the month of January. Six of Oregon’s eight losses on the year have come by less than 10 points. And despite a poor effort in the first half against Wazzu, the Ducks shot 61.5 percent and buckled down defensively after halftime to get a much needed win in Matthew Knight Arena.
“We’ve lost four games at home and those hurt,” Oregon head coach Dana Altman said. “We’ve got to learn from it and we’ve got to get better. Now we’ve got to go on the road and really play well.”
Oregon bounced back from another stinging loss thanks to Louis King, Kenny Wooten and Paul White. Wooten and White combined for 38 points tonight. And King, the five-star freshman, has taken over the Ducks’ scoring lead from Payton Pritchard in the absence of Bol Bol.
Oregon will hit the road to play Utah on Thursday night at 6:00.
- Ducks get a sweet taste of victory
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal on the sweet taste of victory on senior night PART 2 (11/17/18)
- Web Extra: Paul White and Victor Bailey Jr. and the sweet taste of victory (12/15/18)
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal on the sweet taste of victory on senior night PART 1 (11/17/18)
- Web Extra: Kelly Graves, Sabrina Ionescu and Maite Cazorla on the sweet taste of victory (12/18/18)
- Ducks Advance to 2nd Straight Sweet 16 (3/18/18)
- Duck men, women both advance to Sweet 16
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks both victorious on Saturday
- Softball Roundup: OSU victorious, Ducks fall on senior day
- Ducks look dominant in first victory of 2019