Eugene, OR. -- In front of a loyal crowd of over 1,800, the Oregon softball team lost its first home game of the season, 3-0, to No.19 Oklahoma State.
The No. 24 Ducks (11-8) struggled at the plate tonight against Oklahoma State’s ace Samantha Show. Five hitters walked and were in scoring position, but Oregon could not cash in on the opportunities. The Ducks only recorded one hit all night.
“I like the way they swung. I really did,” said Oregon head coach Melyssa Lombardi. “We just hit balls right at people tonight. I thought we struggled with our short game. There were times where we wanted to advance the runner with our short game but we were unable to do that tonight.”
“I think everything was working for me tonight besides my changeup. I thought my changeup was inconsistent towards the end of the game,” said Oregon ace Jordan Dail. “But I just have to worry about the next pitch and focus on the now. If that next pitch is a ball, make the next one a strike.”
The Ducks will have an opportunity to avenge the home opener loss tomorrow against the Cowgirls for a doubleheader at noon and 2 p.m.
- Ducks drop home opener, 3-0 (3/8/19)
- Ducks drop conference opener to Washington
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop home games
- Ducks Drop Second Thriller In L.A.
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop road games
- Ducks defeat Fresno State in home opener, 71-57
- PHOTO GALLERY: Santiam Christian defeats Harrisburg 3-0
- Ducks drop into consolation bracket after loss to Huskies
- Ducks drop first game of series to no. 2 Stanford
- Softball Roundup: Ducks, Beavers fall at home