This coming weekend at USATF Outdoor Track & Field National Championships will be something of a University of Oregon reunion party. 29 current and former Ducks athletes will be in Des Moines, Iowa for the four day long meet.
18 former athletes, highlighted by 2016 Olympians Phyllis Francis, Devon Allen and Matthew Centrowitz, as well as 2018 World Indoor Champion Raevyn Rogers. Sprinter Ariana Washington and long jumper DaMarcus Simpson will be headlining the 11 enrolled U of O athletes that received invites. In 2017, Washington finished in the 100 meter top three, while Simpson did the same in the long jump.
NBC will be carrying the event live on Saturday and Sunday, but the Championships themselves start at Thursday and run through the weekend. USATF's are a qualifier for the 2018 Athletics World Cup, held in July and the NACAC Senior Championships, which will be on August 10-12 in Toronto.
Other Ducks competing include NCAA Championship Final qualifiers Mick Stanovsek, Sam Prakel, Sabrina Southerland and Alaysha Johnson.
- Ducks Well Represented at USATF Outdoor National Championships
- USATF puts Lananna on administrative leave, DOJ investigates
- Ducks prepare for Pac-12 Track Championships
- Ducks outlast UCLA in OT, advance to Pac-12 championship
- Web Extra: Cravon Gillespie on day one of the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships (6/6/18)
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Ducks begin preseason practice
- Ducks dominate the Buffaloes
- Web Extra: Jessica Hull after Winning 1,500 National Championship (6/9/18)
- Beavers End Streak Against Ducks