Corvallis, OR. -- The Oregon State men’s basketball team is on a mission. The Beavers have lost 14 straight games to the Huskies in Seattle. The last time Oregon State won a road game at Washington was in February of 2003.
OSU will finish the regular season against the Washington schools. With a pair of wins, the Beavers will have an opportunity to clinch a top four spot in the Pac-12 Tournament.
“We know we need to stay focused for these games,” said Oregon State guard Stevie Thompson Jr. “We all know what is on the line. We just have to take advantage of the opportunity.”
The last time Washington and OSU played in January, the Huskies scored 11 unanswered points to start the game and Oregon State could not recover. But the Beavers are hoping for a different result up in Seattle.
“[Washington] is going to be amped up. They know they are at home and they are going to try and create havoc right away,” said Oregon State head coach Wayne Tinkle. “We got to have that poise and discipline to run our stuff and get to where we need to. And also just finish plays early to try and take away their aggression."
Tip off against Washington is Wednesday night at 7:00. The Beavers will take on the Washington State Cougars Saturday at noon.
- Beavers want revenge on the Huskies (3/5/19)
- Beavers Slip Past Huskies In Overtime
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks win double-header in Salt Lake City, Beavers sweep the Huskies
- OSU women’s basketball gear up for Pac-12 Tournament (3/5/19)
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- Ducks drop into consolation bracket after loss to Huskies
- Oregon Softball hosts the Huskies after losing nine straight
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Beavers End Streak Against Ducks
- Beavers Down LSU, 14-1 (6/2/18)