Corvallis, OR -- With the sweep of the Washington State Cougars this past weekend, Oregon State has won eight of its last 10 games. However the Beavers’ midweek struggles continued tonight against Gonzaga.
Adley Rutschman hit his 15th home run of the season and Zack Zalesky drove in two scores during a ninth inning rally but Oregon State dropped a 6-3 game to the Bulldogs on Tuesday night.
“Midweek games are every bit as important as Pac-12 games. I don't understand it. I just don't get why we are so uncompetitive in mid week games,” said Oregon State head coach Pat Bailey.
OSU has a 17-4 conference record and is ranked second in the Pac-12. But the non conference games have been trouble for the Beavers. However, this isn’t their first midweek loss. Oregon State has lost to Portland, San Diego State, Nevada and now Gonzaga over the last few weeks.
“These games are the difference between hosting a regional and not hosting a regional. That's really frustrating. We talk about it all the time. I'm pissed about it to be honest with you,” said Bailey.
Oregon State takes on Oklahoma State in a non-conference series that opens Friday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. The series opener begins at 5:35 p.m. PT.
- Beavers drop another midweek game against Gonzaga
- Beavers hold on vs. Gonzaga, advance to Sweet 16
- Beavers Drop Opening CWS Final Game
- Oregon St. holds on to beat Gonzaga
- Oregon State looks ahead to Gonzaga
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Beavers' bats hot in game one against Washington State
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller