LAS VEGAS – Drew Eubanks scored 19 points, Stephen Thompson Jr. added 14 and Oregon State outlasted Washington 69-66 in overtime on Wednesday night in the opening round of the Pac-12 tournament.
Oregon State went up 66-64 in overtime on Tres Tinkle's two free throws and Washington tried to set up a shot to tie, but David Crip threw the ball out of bounds. Eubanks hit 1 of 2 free throws and Crisp scored on a layup with 3.1 seconds left to pull the Huskies within two.
Tinkle hit two more free throws with 2.5 seconds left and Crisp got a good look at a tying 3-pointer, but it caromed off the back of the rim.
Oregon State (16-15) moves on to face No. 2 seed USC in the quarterfinals at 6 p.m. on Thursday.
Tinkle posted his eighth double-double of the season, and 12th in his career, with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Zach Reichle played a career-high 33 minutes and tied career highs with seven points and seven rebounds.
Matisse Thybulle had 19 points and Noah Dickerson 15 points to lead Washington (20-12).
The third meeting of the season became a defensive battle, neither team able to find much operating room.
Oregon State made 8 of 23 shots in the first half, including 1 for 7 from the 3-point arc. Washington was slightly better, going 11 for 29 and 2 for 9 from 3 to lead 29-25.
Halftime adjustments freed up both offenses early before the defenses controlled the game again. Oregon State went nearly 6 minutes without scoring, but Washington couldn't stretch its lead. Then the Huskies had a stretch when it went 1 for 9 and the Beavers capitalized, going on a 10-2 run to go up 55-51.
Courtesy: OSU Athletics
- Beavers Slip Past Huskies In Overtime
- Beavers want revenge on the Huskies (3/5/19)
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Beavers gear up for the Huskies on a short week
- Beavers Top #7 UCLA in Overtime Thriller
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks win double-header in Salt Lake City, Beavers sweep the Huskies
- Two-A-Days: Sweet Home Huskies
- Oregon Ducks rally to beat Washington Huskies
- Travis scores 24 to lead Stanford past the Beavers, 80-71
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule