PULLMAN, Wash. – Oregon State ended its regular season with a 92-67 rout of Washington State on Saturday afternoon at Beasley Coliseum.
The Beavers (15-15, 7-11 Pac-12) led by as many as 36 points and had a 42-24 scoring advantage in the paint and 20-7 edge in second-chance points.
Ethan Thompson led the Beavers with a career-high 23 points, going 7-for-11 from the field, 4-for-6 from beyond the arc and 5-for-5 from the free throw line. He added a game-high six assists.
Tres Tinkle posted his seventh double-double of the season, and 11th in his career with 18 points and 12 rebounds. He also joined the 1,000-point club on a floater in the first half.
Stephen Thompson Jr. also scored 18 points and Drew Eubanks was the other Beaver in double figures with 12 points.
Zach Reichle had a career-high seven points, going 3-for-4 from the field and 1-for-2 from deep.
The Beavers went on a 22-2 run in the first half to take a 24-8 lead. A 3-pointer by Thompson to end the half made it 54-29 at the break. The 54 first-half points were a season high, bettering the 51 Oregon State scored in the season opener against Southern Utah.
Oregon State had 19 assists and tied a season low with seven turnovers.
Steven Shprevregin led Washington State (12-18, 4-14) with 10 points.
The Beavers will face Washington at 6 p.m. on Wednesday at T-Mobile Arena in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament.
Courtesy: OSU Athletics
- Beavers End Road Woes in Big Way
- Beavers End Streak Against Ducks
- Beavers Take Down Utah on the Road
- Web Extra: Dana Altman on road woes, injury updates (12/28/18)
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- Web Extra: Kat Tudor on Beaver's road struggles (1/24/18)
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Beavers Down LSU, 14-1 (6/2/18)
- Gipson joins Beaver baseball staff