CORVALLIS, Ore. --
OSU Men's hoops takes care of business
Oregon State men's basketball got past Arkansas-Pine Bluff with ease Saturday, 80-46.
The win gives the Beavers its sixth in a row.
OSU got out to a 45-18 lead at halftime and never looked back.
Tres Tinkle led OSU with a game-high 26 points. Tinkle shot 8-12 while adding six rebounds in the winning effort.
Ethan Thompson scored 21 points going 6-8 from the field as well.
The Beavers shot 58.5 percent for the game and 50 percent from three-point range.
OSU improves to 8-1 on the season and will take on the University of Texas at San Antonio on the road at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
No. 4 Oregon State women's hoops rolls over Utah State
The Beavers won its ninth straight to begin the season with the 75-46 rout of Utah State.
The Beavers had three players score in double figures led by Mikala Pivec who tallied 18 points and 13 rebounds. Pivec moved into 10th place on the OSU career scoring list.
Destiny Slocum added 17 points while Taylor Jones recorded 14 points and 13 rebounds.
OSU took a double-digit lead after the first quarter thank to the defensive effort. OSU held the Aggies to 27 percent shooting. The Beavers won the rebound battle as well, 33-15.
With the win improves to 9-0 and will take on Northern Arizona at 9:30 p.m. on December 18 from Lahaina, Hawaii.
- Beaver Hoops Roundup: OSU sweeps Saturday games
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Hoops Roundup: Oregon hoops sweeps at home, OSU falls on the road.
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks and Beavers struggle in their conference openers
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks drill Bruins, Beavers upset by Trojans
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavers open desert trip with losses
- Hoops Roundup: Oregon defeats Arizona, OSU falls to ASU
- Hoops Roundup: UO, OSU women's teams victorious, men's teams fall
- Hoops Roundup: Pritchard hits game-winner against UW, OSU falls in Pullman