Eugene, OR. -- Oregon finished the weekend with a series sweep over the Utah Utes. The Ducks took both games of Sunday’s doubleheader with a 9-6 win in game one and a 6-3 win in game two to earn their first conference series victory of the season.
Taylor Adams was the star of game one, as he launched a go-ahead grand slam over the left field wall. The Ducks scored five runs in the ninth inning to take a 9-4 lead.
In game two, the Ducks jumped to an early lead again. Steer doubled for the third time in the series to score Novitske, who led off the game with a single, to make it 1-0. Adams followed two batters later with an RBI triple to right center to score Steer and make it 2-0.
Steer delivered again in the second inning driving in Foxcroft and Novitske – who both singled – to give him three RBIs on the game and give Oregon a 4-0 lead. Steer tallied six RBIs over the course of the weekend.
The Ducks return home this weeked for a four-game series against Fresno State.
Oregon State left Seattle with a series sweep of the Huskies and a 4-3 victory on Sunday. Redshirt sophomore George Mendazona was the hero in the 11th inning after hitting a solo home run to deep centerfield, giving the Beavers the go-ahead run. The home run was the first of Mendazona’s career.
The Beavers return home for a pair of games Tuesday and Wednesday against San Diego State at Goss Stadium. First pitch is at 5:35 p.m. for both games.
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks win double-header in Salt Lake City, Beavers sweep the Huskies
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks sweep doubleheader
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks sweep the Lions, Beavers drop series finale against WVU (3/3/19)
- Softball Roundup: Ducks, Beavers fall at home
- Beavers Slip Past Huskies In Overtime
- Beavers want revenge on the Huskies (3/5/19)
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Oregon Ducks rally to beat Washington Huskies