Eugene, OR -- Oregon allowed three first-inning runs and couldn't recover as the Ducks drop game one to USC on Friday, 10-6.
The Ducks were down 10-2 heading into the ninth inning when Oregon scored four runs capped off by a two-RBI double from Spencer Steer.
Steer also made a great defensive play earlier in the ball game diving over the railing on the third base line to catch a pop up.
Oregon's Robert Ahlstrom suffers the loss allowing four earned runs on 10 hits in six innings of work.
Game two of the series is set for 1 p.m. on Saturday from Dedeaux Field in Los Angeles.
The No. 11 ranked Oregon State Beavers also dropped their series opener to No. 3 Stanford on Friday, 8-5.
The Beavers took a 5-3 lead in the fifth inning on a pair of RBI singles from Adley Rutschman and Alex McGarry.
The Cardinal answered with four runs in the bottom of the fifth led by a solo home run from Brandon Wulff to cut it to 5-4 followed by a game-tying RBI triple from Andrew Daschbach.
Oregon State starter Bryce Fehmel suffers his second loss of the season after allowing seven runs on 10 hits in 4.2 innings on the mound.
The loss snapped a 13-game win streak for OSU at Sunken Diamond.
Game two of the three game series is set for 12 p.m. on Sunday in Palo Alto.
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop road games
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop home games
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks sweep doubleheader
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks come up short
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks both fall
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks get swept
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs suffer road losses
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks both victorious on Saturday
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks earn win, Beavs rained out
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win on the road