Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- A second suspect was identified in connection with Wednesday's stolen patrol car and officer-involved shooting on Wednesday morning.
Jail records show Eli Perini, 36, was booked for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Scott Saddler, 27, was booked on a parole violation, according to jail records. Saddler has pleaded not guilty, but Perini has not entered a plea at this time. They will appear in court again on April 18.
Police said that around 4 a.m. an officer stopped two men at East 15th Avenue and Pearl Alley. One suspect ran and the officer chased him. Another officer arrived and found the second suspect stealing the first officer’s patrol vehicle. Shots were fired by the second officer.
Residents in the area reported hearing gunshots at the time.
The stolen vehicle was located unoccupied a short time later at East 15th Avenue and High Street. A Springfield police dog search located the suspect, who was taken into custody after a brief struggle.
Both suspects have been detained and are no longer a threat to the neighborhood, police said. No one was injured.
The Lane County Interagency Deadly Force Investigation Team was on scene and has jurisdiction in the case.
- Second suspect identified in Eugene officer-involved shooting
- Suspect identified in stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Suspect in Springfield officer-involved shooting identified
- Eugene Police confirm officer-involved shooting
- Deputies identify suspect in Eugene shooting
- Authorities identify man killed in Eagle Point officer-involved shooting
- Man killed in Portland officer-involved shooting identified
- Video captures deadly officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Neighbors react to stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- 17-year-old suspect in Eugene shooting identified, charged as adult