EUGENE, Ore. -- Police arrested a man after they say he smashed windows and damaged RVs on Thursday morning.
They say James Martin, 30, was arguing with a woman in her house on Taney Street when he shut her hand in a door.
When police arrived they say Martin was in his RV which was parked on the vicitm's property. They say he came out of the RV wrapped in a sheet. When they asked him to show his hands, Martin threw the sheet off and ran back inside.
Police say he refused to come out but then eventually did, this time asking to be tased. Officers said they just wanted to speak with him, but Martin threw tools on the ground and grabbed a hammer. They say he started damaging his and other RVs in the area.
Police say it was clear Martin wouldn't come in without a fight, so they tried to tase him but it did not work due to the clothes he had on. Martin then ran back into his RV. Officers say they were able to tase him through one of his broken windows.
He was arrested for assault and criminal mischief.
- Police tase and arrest man
- Police identify man killed in police tasing incident in Albany
- Meth killed man tased by Albany police, DA rules
- Oklahoma woman, 65, fled police and got tased over a ticket for a broken taillight
- Eugene police arrest wanted man
- MLB pitcher kicked, tased and arrested after allegedly crawling through the doggy door of a stranger's home
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Police arrest man accused of threatening OSU
- Police arrest man barricaded in Springfield Apartment