KEIZER, ORE - The Keizer Police Department identified a 65-year-old man who they said shot himself after being involved in a hit-and-run accident.
The Salem Police Department SWAT Team found Calvin Lloyd Macy dead at an apartment complex on Sandy Drive North early Friday morning.
Officers responded to a hit-and-run accident Thursday evening. It happened near the 5100 block of River Road North, near the Carl's Jr. Arriving officers were told the pedestrian that was struck left the scene and walked to a nearby apartment complex.
The pedestrian was later identified as Calvin Lloyd Macy.
Officers said when they went to the apartment to speak with Macy, they were told by a tenant that he was sitting on a bed holding a gun. The tenant told officers Macy said he was, "not going back to prison."
Macy had two felony warrants, one for public indecency and the other for failure to appear for unlawful possession of methamphetamine.
Police said he barricaded himself and refused to surrender or speak with officers.
He had 15 prior arrests dating back to 1969 and had been convicted of murder, carrying a prohibited weapon and a being a felon in possession of a weapon.
- Police believe man shot himself after hit-and-run accident
- Police search for hit-and-run driver
- Police investigating fatal accident
- Hit and run driver kills a Eugene Police K-9
- Eugene Police searching for driver involved in hit & run crash
- Driver in hit-and-run death found, police say
- Man asks hit-and-run driver to come forward
- Man arrested after deadly hit-and-run in Benton County
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged in January I-105 hit and run
- Roseburg PD investigates fatal hit and run