EUGENE, Ore. --- Three people were taken into custody but not charged after reports of an armed robbery Friday night in Eugene.
Eugene Police told KEZI 9 News that reports of an armed robbery at an apartment in the 500 block of Helen Street came in around 7:15 p.m.
They said the victim, age 18, called 911 to report items stolen by three suspects -- a 49-year-old woman, a 36-year-old man and a 31-year-old man -- who were armed with a shotgun and handgun.
Police said the victim went to an upstairs apartment.
Patrol responded to the scene and on-duty Crisis Negotiation Team officers responded to the scene.
With suspects reportedly being upstairs and armed, police said it required an armored vehicle to respond.
Police told KEZI 9 News that two of the suspects walked out of the residence and were quickly confronted by patrol officers, who took them into custody.
Police said the primary suspect was still inside the residence.
Officers hailed the suspect inside and the suspect complied, following directions. He walked out and was taken into custody.
Police said a consent search of the home yielded a BB-type replica handgun but no shotgun.
The victim’s property was returned to him. The victim declined to prosecute and an investigation did not find evidence to support charges.
- BB gun mistaken for firearm launches crisis response
- Police: Fireworks often mistaken for gun shots
- Mistaken alert sends residents into panic
- Camera tripod mistaken for rifle at Eugene office building
- Motorcycles backfiring mistaken for an active shooter in Times Square
- Texas to loosen firearm laws, allowing guns in churches and on school grounds
- UPDATE: OSU evacuates dorm floor in response to student in crisis
- Eugene pot dispensary mistaken for other business after neo-Nazi claims
- Shoppers believe Krogers firearm policy change is a positive thing
- Felon sentenced for sex trafficking, illegal firearm possession