EUGENE, Ore. -- As part of the Sheldon Community Center’s youth camps, kids learned how to make miniature worlds.
Sheldon Community Center staff worked with the Eugene Miniatures Club to teach kids something new.
The design of the mini world was already built, but participants had to cut, paint, glue and hammer their worlds together.
"I like it,” camper Skyler Anderson said. “It’s good so far. We’re starting to make ghost and a table. It’s kind of hard because you don’t know where to place the glue and stuff.”
Eugene Miniatures Club members said there’s a lot of patience involved in completing the project, as well as following directions and paying attention to small details, which most jobs require.
- Youth campers making miniature worlds
- Missing camper found dead near Florence
- Corvallis church allowing homeless campers on property
- Forest officials reminds campers to fully extinguish campfires
- Homeless camper likely caused mill fire, officials say
- Crews search for missing camper on the coast
- Eugene businesses claim homeless campers left behind tons of trash
- Homeless campers forced to leave private property near Garfield Street
- Lane County closes Butterfly Lot, removes homeless campers
- Eugene police clear homeless campers near Lane County Courthouse