EUGENE, Ore. -- Senator Ron Wyden is kicking off the new year with a series of town halls across Oregon. The meetings are open to all, and Wyden said they fulfill his pledge to hold at least one town hall each year in each of Oregon’s 36 counties.
The town hall tour began Thursday with visits in Astoria and St. Helens, which represent Clatsop and Columbia counties respectively.
On Friday, Wyden is scheduled to be at Chemeketa Community College in Salem at 1 p.m. and Roosevelt Middle School in Eugene for a town hall at 5 p.m.
“I’m eager to begin 2020 in true ‘Oregon Way’ fashion – with eight open-to-all town halls that provide everybody the opportunity to share their ideas, questions and priorities directly with me,” Wyden said. “These town halls are hallmarks of democracy, and I look forward very much to hearing from Oregonians all over our state.”
You can see Wyden’s full town hall schedule below.
Thursday, Jan. 2
• Clatsop County: 1 pm, Clatsop Community College Performing Arts Center 588 16th St, Astoria
• o Columbia County: 5 pm, Meriwether Place, 1070 Columbia Blvd., St Helens
Friday, Jan. 3
• Marion County: 1 pm, Chemeketa Community College Building 6 Auditorium, Building 6, 4000 Lancaster Dr NE, Salem
• Lane County: 5 pm, Roosevelt Middle School commons/cafeteria, 500 E. 24th Ave., Eugene
Saturday, Jan. 4
• Benton County: Noon, Linus Pauling Middle School commons/cafeteria, 1111 NW Cleveland Ave., Corvallis
• Polk County: 3 pm, Western Oregon University’s Werner University Center, 345 Monmouth Ave., Monmouth
Sunday, Jan. 5
• Washington County: Noon, Tigard High School auditorium, 9000 SW Durham Rd., Tigard
• Multnomah County: 3 pm, Roosevelt High School, 6941 N Central St., Portland