EUGENE, Ore – Far Horizons Montessori School was closed on Monday after a wrong-way driver crashed into the school building overnight.
This happened on Hilyard Street near East 25th Avenue. Investigators said Timothy Stocker, 22, was driving in the wrong direction on Hilyard. They said he was speeding and plowed through three chain-linked fences and into the school.
Stocker crashed into the north side of the building. The owner of the school said it damaged an electrical panel, a storage room, and bathroom.
Parents were notified of the school closure by email.
Stocker was unconscious when emergency crews arrived. Responders had to cut him out of the car and take him to the hospital. Stocker suffered non-life threatening injuries. No one else was injured.
Officers said alcohol was likely a factor in the crash.
Stocker was charged with DUII, reckless driving, and two counts of criminal mischief in the second degree.
- Wrong-way driver crashes into a school building
- Wrong way driver sentenced for fatal crash
- Troopers search for driver who crashed into building
- Wrong-way driver busted after high-speed chase
- Driver flees after crashing into North Bend school bus
- Driver dies in crash in Springfield
- Driver hospitalized after crashing onto a tree
- Crash kills driver in Linn County
- Redmond DUII driver crashes into canal
- Police: Drunken driver crashes into state trooper