Photo Gallery 3 Images
MEDFORD, Ore.-- Southern Oregon now holds the title for the largest cinnamon roll in the world. The colossal cinnamon roll was baked by Wolferman's Gourmet Baked Goods, which is a part of the Harry & David family of brands.
The roll came it at 1,149.7 pounds. That beats the previous record of 609 pounds.
The cinnamon roll took about 11 hours to bake and took more than 100 people to make.
"A gentleman that runs our Wolferman's division came up with this idea that today is cinnamon roll day and he wanted to break the record to have the largest cinnamon roll made," said Steve Lightman, president of Harry & David.
Guinness World Records Adjudicator Kaitlin Vesper said, "For all of our food-related attempts part of our requirements is that the food item in its entirety must be eaten so we must ensure that none of the food is wasted or thrown out."
The record-holding roll will have to be completely consumed. Pieces will be served at the Pear Blossom Festival this Friday and Saturday.
Two dollars will get you an 8 ounce slice and all of the proceeds go to charity. You can find the roll at the corner of Bartlett and 5th at the Medford festival.
- World's biggest cinnamon roll baked in Southern Oregon
- EWEB crews rewarded with cinnamon rolls for winter storm work
- Whale carcass rolls ashore along Oregon Coast
- Southern Oregon salmon fishing in jeopardy
- Southern Oregon coast reopens for crabbing season
- Missing snowboarder found alive in southern Oregon
- Survey finds homelessness rising in southern Oregon
- Magnitude 4.5 earthquake shakes southern Oregon coast
- Truck drivers needed in southern Oregon
- Missing woman's car found in Southern Oregon