\WOODBURN, Ore. (AP) -- A Woodburn, Oregon, man was sentenced to eight years and four months in prison after he pleaded guilty to raping a girl under the age of 14.
The Statesman Journal reports that 22-two year old Juan Santos-Gonzalez was arrested by Woodburn police in January.
He was charged with sex crimes, including first-degree rape.
He pleaded guilty to rape and sodomy charges, and the remaining charges were dismissed as part of his plea agreement.
Marion County Judge Courtland Geyer sentenced Santos-Gonzalez this week to prison and almost 12 years of post-prison supervision.
He will be required to register as a sex offender upon his release.
- Woodburn man sentenced to 8 years for rape
- Southbound I-5 reopens after crash near Woodburn
- Man sentenced to prison for 2011 rape
- Man accused of trying to enter moving cars on I-5 near Woodburn
- Man who tried to rape teen outside SEHS sentenced to 5 years
- Woodburn officer gets 150 days in jail for child sex abuse
- Roseburg man accused of raping teenage girl
- Klamath Falls man sentenced to 15 years in beating death
- Man sentenced to 15 years for Eugene crime spree
- Portland man sentenced to 17 years for stabbings