EUGENE, Ore. - With all the basketball buzz in town, thanks to the Women's NCAA Tournament, many businesses near Matthew Knight Arena are booming because of it.
The Operations Manager at the Wild Duck Cafe, which is just across the street from the arena, said since the tournament started on Friday, they've seen a surge in customers.
"It's good for business because the Wild Duck Cafe is known within the community for welcoming visiting teams," said Angela Severson, Operations Manager for the Wild Duck Cafe. "It gives us the opportunity to support the university, to support Matthew Knight Arena and to just be involved in the activities that are happening within our community."
She said with the tournament in town, she's noticed they've been hosting larger parties and have also served former basketball players.
- Women's NCAA Basketball Tournament brings in big business
- Prefontaine Classic brings big business to Eugene
- Oregon bests Wisconsin, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Easter holiday brings big business for Eugene bakery
- Web Extra: Terry Boss on making the NCAA Tournament (11/14/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon volleyball recaps NCAA tournament first round win
- Ducks take Pac-12 crown, advance to NCAA Tournament
- Oregon to face Wisconsin in the NCAA Tournament
- Fans in Eugene cheering on Ducks in NCAA tournament
- Mural project aims to bring together artists, businesses