COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A Cottage Grove woman reached out to KEZI hoping to organize a donation drive for the people impacted by Wednesday night's Dorena Lake fire.
Lori Lucas said 10 years ago she was in a similar situation when her apartment caught on fire and burned to the ground.
Lucas said she’s back on her feet and hopes to do her part and support those going through this tough time.
"Of course, any kind of monetary donation would be really helpful for these people but there's so many things that they have lost in the fire,” said Lucas. “There's children's toys, there's shoes, there's clothes, there's blankets, any kind of bedding, furniture, they have nothing."
She said the Les Schwab in Cottage Grove located off of South Pacific Highway has agreed to be a place where people can drop off their donations.
If you would like to get involved you can reach out to Lucas at her email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woman starts donation drive to support Dorena Lake
- Donation drive for Dorena Lake fire victims making progress
- State issues advisory for Dorena Lake
- Dorena still without phone service
- Advisories lifted at Dorena Reservoir and Upper Klamath Lake
- Algae blooms prompt advisory for Dorena Reservoir
- Homes, structures destroyed by fire near Dorena
- Officials: Possible threat resolved at Dorena School
- Eugene family starts donation drive to help wildfire victims
- Homes burned near Dorena not covered by fire district