EUGENE, Ore. -- It was a scary moment for a young Eugene woman when she said she was nearly abducted at Alton Baker Park around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
That woman said she was running with a group of friends, but stayed behind to do some solo running. As she went to leave the park, she said she saw four men standing at the bottom of the Peter DeFazio Bridge.
"I was essentially by myself for a little bit until I headed over to the second part where we were going to run," the woman said.
For her safety, we will not be revealing her identity.
She said she was heading towards the DeFazio bridge to run to Skinner's Butte to catch up with her friends, and that's when the men made their move.
"They approached me, tried to grab me, and I essentially, thankfully got away," said the woman.
However, she wasn't out of the woods just yet.
The woman said she went over the bridge, onto the Ruth Bascom bike trail and towards Skinner's Butte.
That's when she noticed a car driving near her.
"As I headed towards Skinner's Butte a car appeared and it ended up being the same four men," she said. "They yelled some..something at me and kept going. Fortunately, I was able to get to my friends and they kept going on their way."
She said her biggest fear was that they would stop their car.
"I was afraid that they would stop and try to get me into their car or something," she said. "They had a vehicle. If I got in the car, I was gone."
Now, she just wants to make sure no one else has the same close call as she did.
"I would just advise people not to run by themselves," she said. "If they are having to run by themselves, carry pepper spray and be very aware of your surroundings"
She said she did not file a police report, but said she will talk with her parents and could reconsider that in the future.
The woman described one of the men as being tall with blonde hair, wearing a grey shirt, jeans and a hat.
- Woman nearly abducted from Alton Baker Park
- Police investigate sexual assault at Alton Baker Park boat ramp
- Apartments proposed near Alton Baker Park as Homes for Good moves
- Girl escapes attempted abduction
- Police: Teen almost abducted by stranger
- Court rules against Oregon bakers in wedding cake case
- CDC warns bakers against eating raw cookie dough
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Man Accused of Trying to Abduct Girls
- Arrest warrant issued for man accused of trying to abduct girls
- Woman accused of running brother over in parking lot