LANE COUNTY, Ore. – The Lane County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a death that happened Sunday at Terwilliger Hot Springs.
The sheriff’s office said they received a report Sunday morning that a woman was dead at the hot springs off Forest Service Road 19.
After investigating the sheriff’s office found that the woman that died was a 25-year-old from Florence. On Wednesday, she was identified as Kaylee Price.
A cause of death has not been determined, but the sheriff's office said the woman died of a "medical event" while soaking.
Sgt. Carrie Carver said officials don't know yet if the hot springs played a role in the woman's death.
The investigation also found that the woman had been at the hot springs with two other people, and no foul play is suspected.
- Woman dies at Terwilliger Hot Springs
- Fire rages near Terwilliger Hot Springs
- Crews continue to battle Terwilliger Fire near Cougar Hot Springs
- Terwilliger Hot Springs reopening after fire torched nearly 12,000 acres
- Smoldering, creeping fire activity observed near Terwilliger Hot Springs
- Weather expected to decrease Terwilliger Fire activity
- Crews making progress on Terwilliger Fire
- Terwilliger Fire east of Springfield burning more than 1,200 acres
- Firefighters facing dangerous conditions as Terwilliger Fire explodes
- Terwilliger Fire nearly triples in size near Cougar Reservoir