OAKRIDGE, Ore. -- A woman is facing two counts of aggravated murder and one count of attempted aggravated murder in the deaths of two people Friday night. Neighbors say the two people who died were her parents.
Oakridge police say they found two people dead after responding to a suspicious call Friday afternoon on West 2nd Street.
RELATED: Community reacts to Oakridge murders
According to court papers, Kelly Lynn Conrad is accused of killing Karen Lynn Conrad and Milton Conrad. Court papers show Conrad is facing one count of attempted aggravated murder for allegedly trying to cause the death of Jimmie Lavonne Moffitt.
KEZI 9 News spoke with a next-door neighbor who said after Conrad allegedly killed her parents, she walked over to her house and tried to stab her. She said she had to get stitches on her hand due to injuries she sustained during the incident. The neighbor said she attempted to fight off Conrad because she said she was holding a "big knife."
The neighbor said she called police before Conrad entered the home, and they showed up just in time to save her.
Conrad will make her first court appearance on Monday, Feb. 11, at 1:30 p.m.
- Woman charged with two murders in Oakridge
- Community reacts to Oakridge murders
- Oakridge woman gives birth during snowstorm
- Oakridge Household Hazardous Waste Roundup
- Power is restored to Oakridge
- Oakridge Police: suspect in double murder knew victims
- Woman injured trying to rescue pets in Oakridge fire
- Oakridge student faces disorderly conduct charge for threatening statements
- Oakridge power struggle pits mayor vs. administrator
- Train tunnel partially collapses near Oakridge