JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- A woman has been charged in connection to a child abuse case Thursday.
Mckenzie Jean Baumgardner, 22, was charged with criminal mistreatment and third-degree assault.
According to the charging affidavit provided to KEZI by the Junction City Police Department, Baumgardner hit her 3-year-old son in the face and busted his nose, causing him to bleed.
The affidavit also details witness statements that say she once threw her son against a wall.
She was arraigned Thursday afternoon and will appear before a judge again on Jan. 16.
Baumgardner's boyfriend, Brian Domin, was issued citations to appear in court on five misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a minor.
The Oregon Department of Human Services reports that in 2018, there were 16,304 incidents of child abuse in the state. Nearly 40% of those cases identified the mother of the child as being the person responsible for the abuse.
- Woman charged in Junction City child abuse case
- Junction City man accused of sexually abusing foster child
- Junction City man sentenced for abusing cats
- Junction City man arrested on fugitive charges
- Junction City man accused of abusing, torturing 3 kittens
- Woman charged with attempted murder in elder abuse case
- Eugene man charged with child sexual abuse
- Man faces manslaughter charges after fatal crash near Junction City
- Idaho man charged for kidnapping of Junction City teen
- Family survives house fire in Junction City