Vancouver, WA. -- A 49-year-old man was detained after an apparent kidnapping attempted at the Vancouver Mall in Vancouver, Washington.
Vancouver police say the man grabbed a 14-year-old and attempted to drag the child out of the mall on Saturday.
Officials tell KEZI 9 News that the victim fought back and the suspect ran.
Vancouver police say witnesses chased down the suspect and held him until officers arrived. We're told the teen was not hurt.
The suspect was booked into the Clark County Jail on suspicion of kidnapping, assault and felony harassment. Police say he has a prior conviction for kidnapping.
- Witnesses detain man suspected of attempted kidnapping at mall
- Winston Police searching for attempted kidnapping suspect
- Troopers search for suspect in I-5 attempted kidnapping
- Eugene Police seek tips on attempted carjacking, attempted kidnapping incidents
- Suspect identified in Eugene kidnapping
- Firefighters detain break-in suspect in Eugene
- Police: Report of kidnapping attempt in Eugene was false
- Robbery suspect jailed after reportedly firing shots at witness
- Man detained in Florida in mail-bomb case
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault