Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE: Thomas Copeland was booked into the Lane County Jail Friday night at 10:31 p.m. and charged with murder.
HARRISBURG, Ore. -- A man has been arrested in connection with the deadly shooting in Eugene Friday morning.
Thomas William Copeland, 30, of Milwaukie, Oregon has been charged with the murder of Frank Ledgett and unlawful use of a weapon. Police said Copeland is being held at the Lane County Jail.
Copeland and an unidentified woman were arrested in a takedown at the Harrisburg Station Eagle Mart on 3rd Street around 5:30 p.m. Friday.
The woman was not charged.
Sgt. Tim Haywood with Eugene police said there are no outstanding suspects at this time. They did not find a weapon in Copeland’s possession.
The Eugene Police Department worked with the U.S. Marshal’s Service and the Linn County Sheriff’s Office.
- UPDATE: Murder suspect's mugshot released
- Eugene police release suspect sketch in 1980s murders
- Bend murder suspect pleads guilty
- Police release sketch of Monroe burglary suspect
- Police release update on Jeppesen Acres assault
- Springfield murder suspect appears in court
- Portland murder suspect arrested in Eugene
- Murder suspect identified in Aloha dismemberment case
- Florence murder suspect claims self-defense
- Teenage triple murder suspect appears in court