ROSEBURG, Ore. – A man is being held in the Douglas County Jail after leading police on a pursuit in a stolen vehicle.
According to the Douglas County Sherriff’s Office, 32-year-old Eric Lee Lorenz of Winston, led police on a pursuit that started on Roberts Creek Road at 12:15 p.m. on December 20.
The sheriff’s office says Lorenz was in a white 1995 Honda that was reported stolen.
Roseburg Police say they used spike strips to try and stop the vehicle near Dixonville, but Lorenz was able to keep driving. A second set of spike strips were used near Glide on Highway 138 East, but Lorenz continued to drive on the rims of the vehicle according to the sheriff’s office.
The chase finally came to an end after the sheriff’s office says a deputy performed a PIT - Pursuit Intervention Technique - maneuver, causing the vehicle to spin out and come to a stop.
Lorenz was arrested and is being held at the Douglas County Jail for possession of a stolen vehicle, attempt to elude, reckless driving, reckless endangerment and parole violation.
- Winston man arrested after police pursuit
- OSP: Winston man crashes twice during police pursuit in Azalea
- Winston man arrested for online sex crimes
- Missing Winston man found dead
- Winston man dies in crash
- Wanted man arrested after pursuit in Lebanon
- Three arrests made in Winston Subway robbery
- Two arrested in Winston after drug bust
- Winston Police searching for attempted kidnapping suspect
- Police search for Winston Subway robber