DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A single ticket sold in Wisconsin matched all six numbers in the Wednesday night Powerball drawing to win the third-largest jackpot in U.S. lottery history. Due to strong ticket sales, the jackpot climbed to an estimated $768.4 million at the time of the drawing with a cash option of $477 million.
Powerball said the winning numbers are 16, 20, 37, 44, 62 and the Powerball number is 12.
The $768.4 million is the third-largest behind the world record $1.586 billion Powerball jackpot shared by winners in California, Florida and Tennessee in January 2016, and the $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot won in South Carolina last October.
- Winning $768M Powerball ticket sold in Wisconsin
- New York man wins $344 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years
- Eugene, Oregon, newspaper sold to GateHouse Media
- UPDATE: St. Patrick's Day Party sold out
- SCAM ALERT: Fake football merchandise sold online
- Sports Illustrated brand sold for $110 million
- Oregon bests Wisconsin, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Powerball winner donates half a million dollars to veterans group
- Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin wins re-election in Wisconsin, CNN projects
- Infant ibuprofen sold at CVS, Walmart and Family Dollar recalled