EUGENE, Ore -- A traffic study being done on Coburg Road near the former Shopko is being conducted by Winco Foods, city officials say.
Winco has been eyeing the former Shopko location near Chad Drive for months. Brian Richardson with Eugene Public Works said the grocery chain is doing the study, but they have not submitted any new land use applications to the city.
Bethany Cartledge works on Chad Drive. She said traffic in the area can already be a headache but hopes Winco comes.
"Sometimes I'll take an alternate route because it can take so long just to get on the freeway," Cartledge said.
Portland-based company Quality Counts is collecting the data for Winco. Manager Ryan Groosbeck said their first step is to find out how much traffic is there now. He said the developer can use the study to find out what impacts a new store would have and what improvements may be needed to roads and intersections.
He said they expect the study to wrap up next week.
KEZI 9 News reached out Winco to learn more about their plans but has not heard back.
- Winco doing traffic study in north Eugene
- WinCo traffic study calls for minor changes along Coburg Road
- Potential WinCo development raises traffic concerns
- Eugene traffic study survey deadline extended
- Three arrested after man kidnapped, robbed outside Springfield WinCo
- WinCo may replace closed Shopko on Chad Drive
- Neighbors oppose possible WinCo development on Chad Drive
- Winco Foods formally submits application for new building
- Six-car crash snarls traffic on I-5 north of Eugene
- Traffic Alert: Eugene Marathon road closures