Eugene, Ore. -- The transfer portal giveth, and the transfer portal taketh away. Former USC wide receiver Devon Williams' commitment to Oregon after an initial commitment to Oregon State has concluded one of the wilder transfer sagas in the most recent cycle. The timeline is as follows:
September 11 - Devon Williams enters the transfer portal, signalling his departure from USC.
September 21 - Devon Williams visits Oregon State during their game vs. Cal Poly and is supposed to visit Oregon following the game. Williams cancels his visit to Eugene and opts to stay in Corvallis.
September 25 - Oregon State announces the completed transfer of Devon Williams. His picture and bio appear on the official team roster, accompanied by an official press release.
September 26 - Reports begin to filter out that Williams has enrolled in classes at Oregon State but has not physically attended one, keeping his commitment and enrollment to OSU non-binding. Williams leaves Corvallis and returns to his home in Los Angeles as rumours begin to swirl that he is actually interested in Oregon, a program that he was close to committing to in 2018.
September 27 - Williams officially announces his commitment to the University of Oregon.
Naturally, there are still a great many questions surrounding the last four days of Williams' recruitment, but as of now, the 6 foot 4 receiver and former no. 1 athlete in the class of 2018 is coming to Eugene.
- Williams flips commitment to Oregon from Oregon State
- Oregon names Donte Williams next OLB coach
- NCAA rules University of Oregon committed athletic violations
- Oregon man committed to mental hospital for beheading mother
- Comedian Katt Williams jailed on assault charges in Oregon
- Oregon State practices in Beaverton
- Oregon State 2019 Media Day
- Oregon State ready for UCLA
- Oregon State outpace Arizona 56-38
- Oregon State beats Arizona State, 35-34