SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Willamalane is hosting their second annual youth soccer tournament Memorial Day weekend as boys and girls lace up their cleats and compete bracket-style at the Les Schwab park in Springfield.
Teams of all ages from all over the county showed up to play their hearts out and compete just for fun.
Director David Kieffer says it's important to remember that winning isn't all that matters.
"We want to make it a little bit unique and not quite the same competitive based tournament you see everywhere else, but just a real fun recreational weekend for everyone where they can come out and spend time with their families," said Kieffer.
He says he hopes that every year more kids will come and that more families will participate in the fun as well.
Sunday is the final day of the tournament with games starting at noon and Kieffer says the whole community is invited to come out and watch.
- Willamalane hosts 2nd annual youth soccer tournament
- Willamalane lifeguards rescue elderly man from pool
- Willamalane suspends middle school dances after fights
- Community advocate group hosts 2nd annual PTSD summit
- DeFazio holds town hall meetings at Willamalane, LCC
- Willamalane, ODF to team up for controlled burn
- EWEB hosts annual 'Run to stay Warm'
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- Greenhill Humane Society hosts annual Kitten Shower
- LCSO hosts 9th annual life jacket exchange