Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. - WellMama held it's second annual Blues to Cure the Blues silent auction fundraiser at 4:30 pm at Ninkasi Brewery on Saturday, January 27.
WellMama is an organization in Eugene that provides free services to women with pregnancy anxiety and post-partum depression. Staff said it's specific appeal is the maternal care that comes with the services. Staff with the organization said this event is crucial to them being able to provide those services as well as grow with more services.
"There really doesn't exist this kind of support in our community, especially free support. so all of our services are at no cost to our clients," said Jessica Schultz, WellMama's executive director.
They said they recieve most of their funding from private donors and grants.
Shultz said they auctioned off tons of fun items at the event, including a crawfish boil and even a house in Kauai.
One of the newer programs they've recently started is a support group for women who have lost a pregnancy or an infant. Shultz said a group like this is unique to the area, and that they want to keep providing new services to the area and giving the community the care it needs.
- WellMama holds annual Blues to Cure the Blues fundraiser
- The Human Bean holds Coffee for a Cure fundraiser
- WellMama to host second annual Climb Out of the Darkness event
- Women's History Month: The women in blue
- Fire consumes motel garage in Blue River
- Blue River residents experiencing 911 outage
- OSU hopes to put blue whale skeleton on display
- Dorris Creek Fire sparks near Blue River in Lane County
- Botswana unveils blue diamond to rival the Hope Diamond
- Jelly-like creatures create 'blue tide' on Oregon coast