EUGENE, Ore. - St. Vincent DePaul’s Veterans in Progress program held it's annual Veteran's Job Fair on Thursday.
The event is open to military veterans and typically features dozens of local employers.
Those employers, which include the Oregon Department of Human Services, the Eugene Water & Electric Board, Glory Bee, and much more, accepted applications and conduct on-site interviews.
One EWEB representative said he is a veteran who found his job with the utility company two years ago.
"I met people that were already at the company that were veterans," said Eddie Lopez, EWEB Project Manager. "I was also made aware of opening almost as soon as they were posted and the flow of information was so free at the time."
Organizers said Thursday's event had a low turn out due to weather, but expect to hold a second job fair sometime in the spring.
- Weather impacts turnout at St. Vinnie's Vetran's Job Fair
- St. Vinnies hands out holiday food boxes
- St. Vinnie's homeless camp expands, moves to new location
- Roseburg Goodwill holds job fair
- Skilled to Work: High school seniors to attend job fair
- Deadline to turn in election ballots, voter turnout
- Young voter turnout is up from past elections
- PeaceHealth cutting 50 jobs
- Fortnite craze impacts local sales
- Measles outbreak impacting Lane County