EUGENE, Ore. – Former Oregon Duck infielder Jack Marder will return to Eugene to join new head coach Mark Wasikowski's coaching staff. Marder will serve as the Duck's hitting coach, while working with the catchers, and assist with recruiting.
While Wasikowski was an assitant under former head coach, George Horton, Marder started his coaching career as a undergraduate coach with Oregon in 2015-16. He was also on Wasikowski's first staff at Purdue in 2016, as a volunteer assistant coach.
Marder previously served as an assistant coach for the Stanford Cardinal, where he spent the last two seasons. He was the team's first base coach, but also aided with hitters and catchers.
In college, Marder played as a catcher and infielder for the Ducks from 2010-11. From there he was selected in the 16th round of the MLB Draft by the Seattle Mariners. He spent four years in the organization, reaching as high as Double-A.
In Oregon's release, Wasikowski had this to say about the new addition, “Jack is known as one of the brightest young minds in college baseball coaching circles. His personal connections with student-athletes, attention to detail in his teachings, and daily preparation are traits that Coach Marder has emphasized and are mentioned first by those who have worked with him on a daily basis. Jack’s heart has been with the Ducks’ program from day one and we are excited for him to be a part of the next chapter of Oregon baseball’s success.”
KEZI will continue to monitor the hiring of Wasikowski's coaching staff as the process continues.
- Wasikowski hires first member of his staff
- Oregon soccer announces staff hirings
- Ducks introduce Wasikowski as new baseball coach
- Duck baseball players ready for Wasikowski Era
- Churchill staff members kneel for National Anthem
- Oregon announces Mark Wasikowski as new baseball coach
- KEZI Sports Extra Podcast: Oregon baseball coach Mark Wasikowski
- 4 Marjory Stoneman Douglas staff members reassigned over shooting response
- Red Cross deploys Eugene staff member to California wildfires
- Staff members put out fire at elementary school